Thursday, November 13, 2008

Does this new career make me look fat?

One of the things I did NOT consider when deciding to pursue freelance writing was that fact that, when I gained a bunch of weight in college, a main contributing factor in that gain was my overwhelming need to be munching on sometime anytime I was writing a paper or cramming for a test. I guess you could call me an academic eater. Or maybe a 'literary eater.'

Oops! It's been two weeks and it's definitely been a struggle to keep from constant grazing. So, I'm looking for any way that I can to counteract the effects of a full-time writing job that keeps me sedentary for hours on end, with easy access to the fridge. I've used www.fitday.com before, and that worked for me for a while. Luckily, now my fab friend Annie has pointed me in the direction of www.sparkpeople.com, and I like that even better! I figure it shouldn't be too much hassle to track my food intake online, seeing as I spent the majority of the day in front of a computer, plugged into the internet.

I also had this grandiose idea that I would go to the gym everyday once I started working at home. Now that I'm doing it, I haven't gone yet because I don't want to take the time away from my writing (I can be a little obsessive). I'm trying to at least take a walk once a day, though- at least that way I cut out the time it would take to drive to the gym and wait for a machine. It's perfect walking weather in Texas right now anyways!

{Originally published on November 9th, 2008 on my Wordpress blog}

No comments: