Thursday, November 13, 2008

Going back to work for Stonemark again- maybe

Yesterday, my former boss called and said our regional (or I should say, my former regional) had called and wanted her to find out if I was interested in working as a contractor on the marketing for our Austin properties. While I want to find out the rest of the details, I am pretty excited for this opportunity. I've left the property management field to pursue writing, but it's still in my blood. I've worked for Stonemark in two regions now, and worked, subbed, or helped out on seven different properties in three states. I'd love to continue my affiliation with the company, on a part time basis so I can continue working on my writing career. And the extra income would be nice too, since the freelance income can be kinda hit or miss, and never guaranteed.

Of course, that was two days ago, and no contact yet from my regional herself- so I don't quite know what's going on. However, even if things don't pan out, it's nice to have the validation of having been thought of for something like this. We'll see where it goes, I guess.


{Originally posted November 7th on my Wordpress blog}

No comments: