Thursday, November 13, 2008

A few unrelated things

I'm working on my blog brevity- let's see how this goes:

1. Yesterday I made over $5.00 on Google Adsense! That may not sounds exciting to you, but that's how much I had previously made over 3 weeks. So, I doubled my earnings in one day. Sweet! Still doesn't sound exciting? Well, if I could make $5/day on Google Adsense every day, that's $150 a month in extra income that essentially I haven't had to work for (other than the initial work of publishing Hubs and then continuing to drive traffic to them). That's a decent little residual income there. I'll take it!

2. I'm in the process of attempting to register for some distance learning classes through ODU for my Master's. After two semesters off (although in my defense, one was the summer semester- and that hardly counts, right?) I'm getting back in the saddle- or, at least making the attempt (academic bureaucracy keeps throwing obstacles in my way- no surprise there). This could easily change depending on a number of factors, but right now what I'm planning/hoping will work out is that I take two classes via 2-way video/voice feed (classical rhetoric and visual rhetoric and document design) from ODU in the spring, and take 3 credits of master's thesis each in Fall 2009 and Spring 2010, to complete my degree in May 2010. I'm still fuzzy on what I want my thesis on, and of course it all depends on getting approved, but I am really gung-ho on focusing on something having to do with writing for the internet/web 2.0/SEO/social networking sites/etc, as I've just gotten into this stuff in the past few weeks and I'm hooked on learning more!

Justin's home from GA and it's great to have him back. Soon I'll try and post some pics of the new digs-to-be.

{Originally posted November 12, 2008 on my Wordpress blog}

No comments: