Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom

{Originally published Oct 20th, 2008 on my Wordpress blog}

Today's my mom's birthday and since I'm starting out as a professional writer, it only seems fitting that I acknowledge this day with words (don't worry mom- you'll get a real present too).

This post is a tribute to my mom, Ann Scherm Baldwin.  I love her with all my heart.
 
I love my mom because she loves and takes care of her family with all her strength.

I love my mom because she taught me to be ethical, to be compassionate, to be passionate, and to be creative.

I love my mom because I know that every decision she made while I was a child, she made because she thought it was the best thing for me.

I love my mom because she never gave up on my sister or I, even when we had given up on ourselves.

I love my mom for her laugh.

I love my mom for the passion that she puts into her interests, and the interest she always shows in my mine, even if she is hearing about it for the thousandth time.

I love her for the fact that she will do anything to help my sister with her beautiful baby Landon, without a second thought.

I love my mom for how much she will love my children when I'm blessed to have them.

I love her for the parties she planned for each of my birthdays, down to every tiny detail, themed on whatever I was interested in that year.  I love that she put together play kits for car rides and decorated our rooms in whimsical themes, and assembled for us the largest dress up bin of anyone I knew.  I love that she took us to hay rides and rennaissance fairs and science museums.  I love that she's always had the most perfectly comfortable lap, and that she let me sit in it no matter how big I got.

I love my mom for more reasons that I can count, for more qualities than I could ever put into words.  I love her because she's been the best mom I could possibly imagine, and she's the inspiration I have to be a good mother one day.

Love you, Mom!
 

No comments: